The international Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) defines Web accessibility as follows:
"Web accessibility means that websites, tools, and technologies are designed and developed so that people with disabilities can use them. More specifically, people can: perceive, understand, navigate and interact with the Web, and contribute to the Web. Web accessibility also benefits people without disabilities, for example older people with changing abilities due to ageing.
Web accessibility encompasses all disabilities that affect access to the Web, including: visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive and neurological disabilities."
- Source: Introduction to Web accessibility
Our web commitment
To ensure sustainable accessibility on our websites, we have initiated a number of projects:
● A situational analysis of the website via a WCAG 2.1 - Level AA accessibility audit
● Increased awareness and improved expertise among our teams
● The implementation of specific accessibility tools and documentation
● The consideration of accessibility in our web projects from the start
● Support from accessibility experts
This website is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including persons with disabilities. You should be able to:
● zoom up to 200% without problems
● navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
● navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone)
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of the Business France marketplace website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Business France marketplace website:
Images: text alternatives for some images are not relevant
Frames: some video iframes don't have relevant titles
Colors: few texts are not sufficiently contrasted compared to the background color
Videos: videos have subtitles but do not have text transcription
Links: few link titles are redundant and lack precision
Navigation menu and products filters accessibility: Some content has not been properly coded for the best experience with a screen reader.
Focus visibility: the contrast is not always sufficient to be correctly visible
Forms: The mandatory fields are not correctly identified and there is no example for the mail format.
Keyboard navigation: navigation in modals is not always logical
While we are implementing these changes, if you encounter any difficulties making a reservation or finding hotel information on our site, please contact us:
● by the contact form : https://www.marketplace.businessfrance.fr/contact